Serves 10 / Preparation time: 45 min / Cooking time: 10 min
- 5 tomatoes
- 3 red peppers
- 3 yellow peppers
- 2 green peppers
- 2 medium eggplants
- 2 medium zucchini
- 10 baby artichokes
- 1 onion, 1 carrot
- 300 ml olive oil
- 100 ml white wine
- 12 small fresh goat cheeses
- 100 ml single cream
- 2 heads of garlic, thyme, bay leaf, salt, pepper and 10 aluminum foil rounds (5 cm diameter).
- Wash all the vegetables. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Spread out the peppers on a baking tray with salt, pepper and olive oil and cook for 5 minutes, then turn them and cook for another 5 minutes. Take them out, peel them and cut them in thick slices, 3cm wide. Marinate them with salt, pepper, olive oil, crushed garlic, thyme and bay leaf.
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil and heat the oven to 90°C. Remove the stems, then plunge the tomatoes for 10 seconds in the boiling water.
- Cool under running water then peel and remove the seeds, season with salt, pepper and olive oil. Put them in the preheated oven at 90°C for 1½ hours. Then marinate them in the same way as the peppers.
- Slice the zucchini and eggplants in half length-wise, season them and fry on both sides, before marinating them in the same way as the tomatoes and the peppers.
- Leave a 4 cm stem on the artichokes, then hollow them out. Prepare a brunoise with the carrots and the onion. Sweat in the olive oil, deglaze with white wine and add the artichokes, cut in half. Put in the oven at 150°C for 10 minutes. Then marinate as before.
- Beat the cream in a food processor, add the fresh goat cheese and the thyme. Leave to mix for 2 minutes then pour the blend on to the little aluminum foil rounds and leave in the refrigerator.
Place the marinated vegetables on a plate, combining the different colors carefully, put the goat cheese terrine in the middle, season with freshly ground pepper, salt and pesto vinaigrette. You can also customize the recipe with herbs (basil, chervil, chives, dill), grissini, or Niçois olives.
Goat Cheese Terrine with Thyme & Marinated Vegetables
You can also customize the recipe with herbs (basil, chervil, chives, dill), grissini, or Niçois olives.
Photography : José Nicolas